ResumeBucket.com is more than just a resume posting website like Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com. We provide all users with multiple media tools that enable them to become more visible to employers which significantly increases the chances of being contacted for an interview.
The following is a step by step instructions and a few creative ways to have more people view your resume. The guide assumes you utilize the larger business minded social media tools on the Internet such as LinkedIn and Twitter. We recommend you familiarize yourself on those websites to assist in increasing your visibility online.
1. Head to Linkedin.com and edit your profile. Add your Unique ResumeBucket.com Link to your profile.
* Log in to your account and on the left hand side, click on “Edit Your Profile”.
Under Websites, Click Edit.
Select “Other” and label it “My Resume” then activate the link by placing your custom ResumeBucket link (http://www.resumebucket.com/YOUR USER NAME) i.e. http://www.resumebucket.com/JoshStomel
Then SAVE CHANGES at the bottom and you are done.
2. Edit your Twitter Profile to have your ResumeBucket.com link displayed, prominently.
* Log in to your Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com
* Click Settings;
* Then change the “More Info URL” to your Unique ResumeBucket.com Link, i.e. (http://www.resumebucket.com/JoshStomel)
3. Take your ResumeBucket.com badges and place them on your Blog or anything that accepts HTML
* Log in to your ResumeBucket.com account, or click here to go straight to the Promote Page;
* You can put this HTML code on your Blog, Myspace Profile or ANYWHERE ELSE that accepts HTML.
4. Add your ResumeBucket.com link to your email signature.
* You can use the above section to access our images & logos; http://www.resumebucket.com/members/promote or by clicking here;
* Right Click on the Images, and save the image.
* In your email client, add the Image in to your signature, then right click the image and make it a LINK, then add your unique Link to the image.
5. Share your ResumeBucket link EVERYWHERE, by DOING THIS!
* Go to your ResumeBucket page i.e. ResumeBucket.com/JoshStomel
* In top right of the resume, you will see the following bar.
* Hover your mouse over the SHARE Button.
* You should see all your favorite social-sharing sites listed such as Twitter, Linkedin, Digg, Myspace, and Facebook.
Integrating the above profiles into your ResumeBucket.com profile will significantly increase your chances of having your business profiles come up first on all the major search engines when a prospective employer searches for your full name. Your resume should be immediately accessible by anyone online because you never know where opportunities are going to come from. Being prepared is the best offense.
If you have any ideas, suggestions, tips please contacts us at email@example.com
ResumeBucket is Josh's brainchild, incubating the company and raising the capital for its launch in 2008. Prior to ResumeBucket, Josh and Ted founded the innovative recruiting agency Neohire and oversaw its development into a $10M company. Earlier in his career, Josh served as a strategic recruiter for Oversee.net, Senior Business Development for Low.com, as well as senior technical recruiter for Yahoo. You can send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.